Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy has been used in European countries and Asian countries for over 30 years but has only recently been introduced here in India mainly for pain management and which is why most doctors have never heard of it.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy has been used in many conditions like pain management, fracture healing, frozen shoulder, insomnia, depression, Prostate enlargement. However, its use in Erectile dysfunction has come into light in last few years. A lot of studies (see below) have been published showing its positive effect on erections.
How it works?
Magnetic pulse fields induce an alternating current within the body’s electrolytes affecting the cells’ water content, mitochondrial function, physical properties of the membranes, nutrient, oxygen and amino acid uptake, energy production, ion membrane permeability, and macrophage migration. Magnetic fields in adequate forms and doses can increase oxygen uptake by the cell, enhance blood circulation, and reverse functional impairment.
Electromagnetic Field therapy uses low frequency magnetic waves to decrease inflammation and increase circulation – the underlying causes of both BPH (Prostatic Enlargement) and ED (Erectile Dysfunction).
WHAT IS A PEMF TERAPY SESSION LIKE?
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapyis simple. You sit in a chair for 30-45 minutes with a couple of pads in your lap. There is no pain or discomfort. Most men report a light tapping sensation around their pubic area.
- NO DRUGS,
- NO SUPPLEMENTS,
- NO DIETARY CHANGES AND
- NO SURGERY
What are the Genito-urinary indications of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy?
Your risk is increased if you tick one or more of the following:
- Erectile dysfunction/Impotency
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Urinary Incontinence
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
What are the non Genito- urinary indications of Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy?
- Musculo- skeletal pain
- Back pain
- Frozen shoulder
- Fracture healing
- Nerve palsies
- Post stroke rehabilitation
- Knee pain
Our Protocol for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction
- 10-15 sessions usually daily or alternate days
- Each session lasts for about 15-30 minutes.
- Its painless, noninvasive and with no side effects
- For some men, manual pelvic floor rehabilitation along with Bio feedback exercises may be required.
- Usually combined with Low Intensity Shockwave Therapy and P shot to achieve best results.
What to expect during the course of treatment or after the treatment is over?
- Return of morning erections
- Stronger harder erections during sexual activity
- Better orgasms
- Improved ejaculatory force and time(IELT)
- For patients with BPH/Prostatic issues/Urinary issues- Improved urinary flow, decrease in frequency of urination, better control of urination and overall improvement in all urinary problems.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT RESULTS OF THIS THERAPY MAY VARY FROM PERSON TO PERSON
Scientific Evidence for Electro Magnetic Therapy in Erectile Dysfunction
- Impulse magnetic-field therapy for erectile dysfunction: A double-blind, placebo-controlled study-Rainer B. Pelka Ph.D., Christof Jaenicke M.D. & Joerg Gruenwald Ph.D. “80% of the patients in the trial reported increases in intensity and duration of erection, frequency of genital warmth, and general wellbeing.”
- The use of magnetic devices in treating sexual disorders in men- I I Gorpinchenko- “The magnetic field beneficial effect was recordable in 70-80 % of the patients, that of placebo in 33 % men. It is suggested that augmentation of sexual activity is associated with an increase in cavernous blood flow.”
- Magnetic stimulation of the cavernous nerve for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in humans- O el-Sibai, A A Shafik “Magnetic stimulation led to gradual increase in length and diameter of the penis until full erection was achieved; the penis became firm, rigid and pulsatile. The intracorporeal pressure increased significantly at full erection.”
- Local negative pressure and magnetic field in therapy of patients with erectile dysfunction- I V Karpukhin, S N Kazantsev “Recovery and improvement of the erectile function were achieved in 85.7% patients given local vacuum-magneto therapy.”
Scientific Evidence for Electro Magnetic Therapy in BPH
- Pulsed electromagnetic field with or without exercise therapy in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia- Hany M Elgohary, “Electromagnetic field had a significant impact on the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Electromagnetic field is a safe, noninvasive method and can be used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.”
- Effects of pulsed electromagnetic fields on benign prostate hyperplasia- Xenophon K Giannakopoulos, Spyros Karkabounas “Pulsed electromagnetic field at radiofrequencies may benefit patients with benign prostate hyperplasia treated by a non-invasive method.There was a significant improvement in clinical symptoms in patients of the electromagnetic group.”
- Therapeutic use of pulsed electromagnetic field therapy reduces prostate volume and lower urinary tract symptoms in benign prostatic hyperplasia-Marta Tenuta, 1 Maria G. Tarsitano, “PEMF reduces Prostate Volume and improves Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in a relatively short time, in BPH patients. These benefits seem greater in those patients with moderate‐severe LUTS but without Metabolic syndrome.”
AN ALTERNATIVE TO DRUGS AND SURGERY
While PEMF therapy may not work for everyone, it appears to be a viable alternative to drugs and surgery.
Think about it
what if you could get and maintain and erection, urinate without straining, starting, stopping and dribbling, empty your bladder and sleep through the night after just 3 weeks of PEMF therapy?
INSTITUTE OF ANDROLOGY AND SEXUAL HEALTH IS ONE OF THE MOST ADVANCED MALE SEXUAL HEALTH CENTRES IN INDIA. IT IS EQUIPPED WITH ALL THE LATEST TECHNOLOGIES FROM AROUND THE WORLD WHICH ARE USED IN THE TREATMENT OF MALE SEXUAL HEALTH PROBLEMS. IT IS MANNED BY PROFESSIONALS WITH EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE IN DEALING WITH SEXUAL HEALTH PROBLEMS. WE HAVE A HOLISTIC APPROACH IN TREATING OUR PATIENTS IN WHICH WE WORK ON THE BLOOD FLOW, NERVES, HORMONES, PSYCHOLOGY AND MUSCLES INVOLVED IN MAINTAINING OPTIMUM SEXUAL HEALTH IN MEN.