When we talk about sexual problems for men, what automatically comes to everyone’s mind is either erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation but there is more to it. The problem is not just about how or when you ejaculate, it’s about the process which leads to a bad or lesser ejaculation.
Sexual problems occur while making sexual contact with your partner. To understand the entire process of what happens in your body when you perform any sexual activity we will break the entire process into different stages of your sexual cycles.
In the article, you will get to know about the different sexual problems in men for different stages of the sexual cycle.
The First Stage of the sexual cycle is DESIRE
Desire means all the conceptualised fantasies about sex. When you have a strong feeling or urge of making out, it is called Sexual Desire. What can go wrong with sexual desire? the answer is male hypoactive sexual desire disorder. In this males face problems like low libido, low testosterone and SAD.
A man who has a deficiency or absence of fantasies or desires is suffering from this disorder. Usually, these disorders are physical in nature, but there are some psychological factors that can be responsible for this disorder.
Reason or causes :
- If you are having stress in your marriage then that could be a psychological component that would cause you to have low libido or sexual desire
- If you have low testosterone and that would be more of a physiological issue and you tend to experience, a lot of these issues, especially after surgery for prostate cancer.
- Partner dissatisfaction is the most common reason for people seeking treatment for low libido.
Antidepressants can be helpful if a man is depressed, but they can also lower sexual interest.
If low libido is caused by an androgen deficiency (low testosterone) that has been confirmed by a blood test, testosterone replacement therapy may be needed.
Low libido related to stress or tiredness may be helped by stress management strategies or counseling.
Who can help a man with Male Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder?
You must consult a male sexual health specialist(Andrologist) at IASH Jaipur for low libido treatment in Jaipur. if you think you are suffering from low libido or low sex drive. It is important to rule out any physical cause for the same by taking a detailed sexual history, physical examination, and doing some blood tests. If there is no physical cause identified, it is important to consult a clinical psychologist who has good experience in treating desire problems.
The Second Stage is Sexual Arousal
Sexual arousal is the physiological response to sexual excitation, so for females its lubrication, and for males its erection. The sexual problems in men related to sexual arousal can be either erectile dysfunction or nightfall problem.
When a male is not able to have sexual arousal he doesn’t feel a thing in his reproductive organ. This sexual problem is referred to as erectile dysfunction or nightfall.
Erectile dysfunction is the failure to achieve an adequate erection until the completion of the sexual act. This is the major symptom of erectile dysfunction is not able to have an erection while having sex, if having sex then not pleasurable or not having a firm erection throughout the intercourse.
It has been said that this is one of the most common sexual problems for men. About 1 in every 7 men is suffering from erectile dysfunction and about three per cent of the men treated for this dysfunction complain about still being impotence or dysfunction.
Reason and Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
- The ageing a man is, the greater the incidence of erectile dysfunction.
- The other greater number of patients are smokers as it affects the vessels of blood and disrupts the easy blood flow to the penis region.
- The other major cause of erectile dysfunction is diabetes.
- The problem in married life can also cause erectile dysfunction
What we need to determine in male erectile dysfunction cause, Whether it’s psychological or physiological.
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Once the proper diagnosis of erectile dysfunction is made then you may want to have the right erectile dysfunction treatment. Many recommend treatment for ED with medicines are sildenafil or tadalafil. These medicines are another form of popular medicine viagra Cialis. You must have seen plenty of commercials related to these disorders. Kegel exercise, Garudasana in yoga, and a Mediterranean food diet are considered to help in erectile dysfunction naturally.
The Third Stage is Orgasm
Orgasm is the highest feeling of excitement. It is the plateau range where the feeling of pleasure reaches its highest level and then starts diminishing. Sexual performance is said to be incomplete when there is no orgasm. Man and women or both partners should attain orgasm to have complete satisfaction.
When someone is not able to attain orgasm, they are said to be suffering from Orgasmic disorders. The disorders can be premature ejaculation or (शीघ्रपतन का इलाज), retrograde ejaculation, delayed ejaculation or painful ejaculation.
When the man ejaculates before or immediately after spent entering is typically associated with Premature ejaculation or PE.
Reason and Causes
Early ejaculation can be either because of desperation or when men are really very anxious about sexual performance or have performance anxiety then they might experience this situation called premature ejaculation. The real causes of premature ejaculation causes need to be diagnosed before treatment.
Treatment of Sexual problems related to Orgasm
The treatment of this disorder is either behavioural techniques or medications. Below are 2 of the behavioural techniques.
- Stop-and-go technique: In the Stop-and-go technique the control is ejaculation by stopping and again restarting when he is thrusting or about to ejaculate.
- Squeeze technique: In the squeeze technique when the partner stimulates the man partner which makes him ejaculate, the partner squeezes the glans of the penis to stop the Ejaculation.
In both of these cases what you going to do is you are delaying the time before you ejaculate therefore you are treating this problem. For more complicated problems we also use medications such as SSRIs. These are the ideal drugs because one of the side effects of SSRIs is delayed ejaculation.
Hindi users for better understanding can read (शीघ्रपतन का इलाज) or Premature Ejaculation Treatment in Hindi.
Some other common sexual problems for men
The most common myth among people around the world is that sexual problems are all about Ed or PE. Some people even assume the size of the penis is the main issue for sexual dissatisfaction. But according to the Internation institute of sexual Medicine, there is more concern beyond ED.
The first disorder is genital pelvic pain; a disorder formerly known as dyspareunia.
Men who have pain during or after intercourse are usually suffering from psychological causes. The painful ejaculation is not due to any physiological or medical condition. The treatment for such disorders is individual psychotherapy as the reason they have pain is for psychological reasons. For example, many men and women in India have been taught that sex is bad and that only bad people can enjoy sex time. They may have the fear of impregnation. So these are all issues that need to be addressed to treat this genital pelvic pain disorder
When the man has no control over ejaculation, he might be suffering from some common sexual problems like nightfall, and dhat syndrome. In such cases, men ejaculate while urinating or can have wet dreams. In females, it can be called vaginismus where women experience involuntary constriction of the outer third of the vagina preventing penile insertion right again. This is also psychological in origin, maybe religious upbringing, fear of impregnation, etc.
Nightfall is a natural thing to happen, but when it gives health problems, it needs to be consulted by our experts. If you are seeing symptoms like pain, an unusual smell, or bloody semen or urine, you need to consult the best sexologist in India.
Sexual problem causes are both psychological and physical. There are hormonal issues or psychological issues which are responsible for the desperate urge for having sex. When someone is not able to control their feelings they develop a certain kind of disorder. Some of the serious disorders that need urgent attention and need treatment are Paraphilic disorders.
This is a psychological disorder that involves men in unnatural and abusive sexual activity. There are eight main disorders under Paraphilic disorder.
- Paedophilia Disorder: when someone has sexual urges towards children under the age of 14.
- Exhibitionist disorder: He is an individual that exposes his or her genitals to a stranger.
- Paraphilic Disorder: Voyeur is the man that peeps in through your window while you are naked or engaging in sexual activity or anything else and it’s the earliest to develop.
- Sadist: He is the one that likes inflicting pain. He likes to be aggressive by beating up his partner or by tying them up.
- Masochist: He is the one that likes to receive it, likes to be beaten, abused, etc.
- Fetish: Fetishism is when you focus sexually on a non-living object for example women’s pantyhose panties shoe stockings etc
- ZOOphilia: It is when you are using animals and sexual fantasies or practices.
- Coprophilia: He is that one who is combining sex with defecation
- Europhilia: It is when you are combining sex with urination
- Necrophilia: It is when you are having sex with cadavers it’s nothing but dead human bodies.
- Hypoxia philia: It is where when you experience a hypoxic event and this hypoxic event is going to heighten the sensation of the orgasm usually achieved through a technique called auto-erotic asphyxiation. It is where you could have someone who’s choking themselves while they are masturbating.
The deepest and most taboo subject “ sex” needs to be understood as biological needs. It is very important that today’s youth acknowledge it and understand its significance in life. With proper sex education for youth, we can see a significant drop in porn addiction, rape cases flesh trade, and many other evils in society, which are just aftermaths of uncontrolled desperation of human phenomenal activity.
Question to diagnose sexual problems for men
|Desire||Do you think spontaneously about sex or imagine yourself having sex?
Is your interest in sex sufficient for you to take part in sexul relations enthusiastically?
|Arousal||Do you normally get lubricated (wet) during sexual relations?
During the sexual relation, as your partner becomes more aroused, do you also feel more stimulated for sex?
|Orgasm||Are you able to reach orgasm (maximum pleasure) in the sexual relations you have?|
|Satisfcation||Does the level of satisfaction you get from sexual relations make you want to have sex again on other days?|
The takeaway from the Blog
Sex is a phenomenal activity of every living thing. You cannot avoid it for a long period of time. People are becoming aware of it and are being experimental to make their sexual life exciting and healthy. Being aware and educated is the best way to avoid sex diseases. If a couple is having first-time sex then the chances of getting STDs is not any less as compared to a couple who had been active.